I. When will grants be made?
There is one round each year, scheduled as follows:
1. Applications are accepted between September 1st –October 15th.
2. Grant making Committee will review completed Grant Applications and make award recommendations at the November Board of Directors meeting.
3. Applicants will be notified by December 15th.
II. Who is eligible to apply?
1. The Foundation is organized to foster both charitable and educational efforts, all for the public welfare through the receipt and administration of funds for:
(i) Grants to organizations described in Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, preferences to be given to those located in and serving residents of the Greater Severna Park area and,
(ii) Scholarships to qualified area students attending a 2- or 4- year undergraduate college.
2. Grant seeking applicants should be organized exclusively for charitable, educational, or scientific purposes.
3. The Foundation generally makes awards ranging from $250 to $10,000 depending upon the Foundation’s budget and the number of awards made in a particular year.
4. Organizations may submit a proposal for only one (1) award within a 12-month period.
III. Who is generally NOT eligible to apply?
1. Organizations that do not have a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt status with the IRS.
2. The Foundation does not fund proposals involving capital expenses, special events, debt reduction, or endowment building (other than the Foundations’ Scholarship program).
3. The Foundation does not fund political programs or organizations that discriminate.
4. Multi-year grants.
6. Programs that promote religious doctrine.
7. For-profit organizations.
8. Retroactive funding for any project expenses incurred before the award date.